You didn’t read the title wrong and no, this is not a joke.
Daddy Yankee has publicly endorsed John McCain.
Over the weekend, the presidential candidate John McCain made a campaign stop at Central High School, a dominantly Latino school located in Phoenix, Arizona. While attempting to encourage the group of students to “be involved”, McCain softly acknowledges the real reason any Latino student would stand to listen to him. He begins to introduce his “special friend”, whom he describes as an “all American success story” and list this guest’s credentials, but falls short of mentioning the house with the white picket fence and the little dog in the backyard.
Right after miserably failing to make a joke out of Yankee’s hit song “Gasolina” and the rise of gas prices, McCain introduces Daddy Yankee to a number of screaming and excited Latino high school students.
Now beside the obvious shock of Yankee endorsing John McCain, there is only one thing I find very curious about this whole video. Right as Daddy Yankee makes his greeting, he is quickly interrupted by a man in a blue collared shirt (obviously a man who works for the McCain camp). After stopping Yankee’s speech for about 20 seconds, Yankee gets back on the mic and proceeds to continue his speech. But alas, Yankee is once again interrupted by the presidential candidate himself. McCain, quickly grabs Yankee’s arm and directs him to the group of students behind him.
Yankee, always being the crowd pleaser, proceeds to greet every single one of the Latino students. Once he does finally get to speak, Yankee begins to slowly state how he chooses “him [McCain] as the best candidate”.
Now I don’t know about you, but I just find this whole scenario a bit odd. I mean, whats the deal with all the interruptions! If your going to bring out someone to endorse you, wouldn’t it be a good idea to let them TALK!
And honestly, how much did they pay Daddy Yankee for that endorsement? Or did they threaten to revoke his passport or something. I dunno, maybe it’s just me. But I don’t really picture McCain drinking a Corona and shouting CAPICU at the Domino table.
-Jacklyn Mendoza | J.FRESH
- News about the upcoming release of Radio Station 2.3.0 - January 13, 2020
- New Show Page Layout & JetPack Compatibility Coming in 2.3.0 - November 7, 2019
- Radio Station 2.2.8 - October 6, 2019
- Radio Station Plugin and Page Builders - September 26, 2019
- Radio Station v. 2.2.7 - August 31, 2019
- Introducing Radio Station by Netmix - August 31, 2019
- Netmix Global House Sessions Podcast Episode 19 - January 22, 2016
- Netmix Global House Sessions Podcast Episode 18 - September 21, 2015
- Disclosure – Holding On ft. Gregory Porter - August 24, 2015
- Twin Shadow – Old/New Love (Armand Van Helden Remix) - August 24, 2015