Google and Facebook will be adding music to their offerings through agreements with iLike.com, Lala.com and Imeem.com. According to a NY Times blog post, next Wednesday, Google will announce a new feature of its popular search engine that will return with search results music files hosted by a iLike and Lala. If a user types in a search for Tiesto or Kaskade, the search results will provide links to pop-up music players and the user may stream the tracks directly from the search engine, without having to go to the sites themselves.
Facebook will add Lala to its Gifts shop. Many Facebook users already purchase credits to send personalized messages to friends, like birthday e-cards. User will soon be able to purchase tracks for 10-cents and share them with friends to stream or simply purchase tracks for $1 and then download.
In related news, MySpace announced that videos from recently acquired, iLike.com, will appear on throughout the Facebook platform.
For more on these stories, check the following sites:
- New Show Page Layout & JetPack Compatibility Coming in 2.3.0 - November 7, 2019
- Radio Station 2.2.8 - October 6, 2019
- Radio Station Plugin and Page Builders - September 26, 2019
- Radio Station v. 2.2.7 - August 31, 2019
- Introducing Radio Station by Netmix - August 31, 2019
- Netmix Global House Sessions Podcast Episode 19 - January 22, 2016
- Netmix Global House Sessions Podcast Episode 18 - September 21, 2015
- Disclosure – Holding On ft. Gregory Porter - August 24, 2015
- Twin Shadow – Old/New Love (Armand Van Helden Remix) - August 24, 2015
- Stereolove feat. Sara Loera – Sara (7th Heaven Remix) - August 24, 2015