Mark Kinchen, known around the world simply as MK, has been producing dance music since the early ’90s. MK is responsible for three incredible house music classics, including “For You” under the pseudonym 4th Measure Men, “Love Changes as MK featuring Alana,” and the legendary record by Nightcrawlers called, “Push The Feeling On.”
I first learned about MK when I heard this record, “Somebody New” (which I still have on vinyl!) on KMS Records in 1989. KMS was Kevin Saunderson’s label out of Detroit. One could argue that while we attribute tech-house to German producers like Terry Lee Brown Jr, MK was really one of the early pioneers of tech house – the blending of techno and house. And, it’s clearly apparent on this record as well as the “For You” release.
According to his Wikipedia entry, his discography stops short in the late ’90s and doesn’t pick back up again until 2009. But in an interview with PublicSF, MK mentions doing two or three remixes a month after the Nightcrawlers record. A quick check over on Discogs and you can see that MK has credits on 435 remixes at the time of this writing. That’s pretty incredible, as I personally had no idea he had done that much work. I guess someone has to get started correcting the Wikipedia entry! It’s a huge body of work and maybe it’s time to go back and revisit many of these mixes. Well, that’s when I have some time, because that’s a lot of stuff to wade through.
Since we’re not going backwards but forwards, here are two recent MK mixes that I really loved. The first is a remix of Duke Dumont’s hit, “I Got You,” which is also available on Beatport as a download.
This one, Wankelmut feat. Emma Louis, “My Head Is a Jungle,” was one of the top tracks on Beatport’s Deep House and Tech House charts. MK took a crack at this one and the results are here on Netmix. We love this mix and we hope you do too!
- News about the upcoming release of Radio Station 2.3.0 - January 13, 2020
- New Show Page Layout & JetPack Compatibility Coming in 2.3.0 - November 7, 2019
- Radio Station 2.2.8 - October 6, 2019
- Radio Station Plugin and Page Builders - September 26, 2019
- Radio Station v. 2.2.7 - August 31, 2019
- Introducing Radio Station by Netmix - August 31, 2019
- Netmix Global House Sessions Podcast Episode 19 - January 22, 2016
- Netmix Global House Sessions Podcast Episode 18 - September 21, 2015
- Disclosure – Holding On ft. Gregory Porter - August 24, 2015
- Twin Shadow – Old/New Love (Armand Van Helden Remix) - August 24, 2015