Radio Station is a plugin to run a radio station’s website. It’s functionality is based on Drupal 6’s Station plugin, reworked for use in WordPress. The plugin includes the ability to associate users with “shows” (schedulable blocks of time that contain a description, and other meta information), and generate playlists associated with those shows. The plugin contains a widget to display the currently on-air DJ with a link to the DJ’s show and current playlist. A schedule of all shows can also be generated.
Like this plugin?
Also, if you love this plugin, consider donating a small token of your gratitude to this project.
Latest Version is 2.2.8 (released 10/4/19): http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/radio-station/
- Upload plugin .zip file to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory and unzip.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Give any users who need access to the plugin the role of “DJ”. Only DJ and administrator roles have administrative access. If you need to add rights to the role of DJ, use a role member plugin. We recommend “Members” by Justin Tadlock.
- Access the custom post type of Shows in the Dashboard, click Add New to create a Show. Scroll to the bottom of the Show edit view to set up a show’s shift.
- Add playlists to your shows.
- Add and configure On Air, Upcoming Widgets, and Current Song widgets.