My friend, Shari Coe and her husband Steve have launched a really cool concept that provides punters a way to have fun at the party while giving something back to the less fortunate. For New Year’s Eve, they launched an online auction of V.I.P. packages, which included V.I.P. access to global parties, special bottle service, dinner and meet and greets with the world’s most influential DJs at New Year’s events around the world.
On the success of that effort, which raised over $30,000 for UNICEF to aid the children devestated by the Asian tsunami, victimes of Hurricane Katrina and the earthquakes in Kashmir, they are back with another online auction. This time to help save and improve the lives of the less fortunate children who need assistance in over 57 countries.
The online auction includes the following special packages:
- Sasha at Glass.
- John Digweed at Pawn Shop.
- Little Mountain Recordings Party at Suite with Sander Kleinenberg.
- Stealth Party with Roger Sanchez.
- Saw Recordings 5th Anniversary Party at Shine with Satoshi Tomiie & Hector Romero.
- Bullitt Bookings invite only event with Sharam, Dubfire, Danny Howells , Nic Fanciulli at Suite.
- Ultra Music Festival 3 Special VIP packages.
- Frankie Knuckles at Back Door Bamby.
- Josh Wink and the Ovum 10th anniversary at Glass.
- Dinner in B.E.D. & the Made Down Deep : The Burridge Barrage party with Lee Burridge (advance tickets have already sold out!)
- VIP Tables at Space with Sasha & John Digweed, Deep Dish, Roger Sanchez, Sander Kleinenberg, Erick Morillo etc every night.
What better way to get your groove on, while contributing the lives of children who may never have the opportunities we have had! In an environment and industry that at times can be superficial, this is a good way to GET INVOLVED!
So visit the online auction site, www.involvedevents.com. The auction commenced on Monday, March 13th and it ends on the 19th, so you still have time to bid for your chance to win one of the stellar V.I.P. packages.
In addition to the V.I.P. packages, Shari and Steve thought it would be fun to organize a Bowl-A-Thon at the Winter Music Conference, also benefitting UNICEF, where for just $20 bucks, you’ll get to challenge DJs like Pete Tong, Sasha, Sander Kleinberg, Damian Lazarus, Nick Warren, Nic Fanciulli and Steve Porter to a few strings. 100% of the ticket price goes to UNICEF. The festivites take place on Monday, March 27th, from 7:00 pm to 11:00 pm at Lucky Strike, 915 Lincoln Road, South Beach, Miami FL). Advance tickets are available from InvolvedEvents.com.
$30,000 raised for all charities this year, including last spring with music, record label catalogs, autographed memorabilia, signed allen & heath gear, VIP packages, etc…; and the events produced for the tsunami and katrina.
Check the web site as some auctions end of the 19th and others on the 22nd.
$25 is simply for admission to the Bowl-A-Thon event. To actually bowl with the DJs will cost you $60.