Finally, somebody got smart and listened to reason, instead of trying to hide behind an obscure clause in the DMCA that covers mashups (but not mixshows) as derivative works. I just went to check out my latest DJ mix on MixCloud and here’s what I got. A pop-up that said scrubbing back through tracks is disabled.
You can see my admin here to edit this mixshow, but notice the track listing is not displayed. You have to click “Show Tracklist” to see it. This should, at the very least, allay the concerns of labels for now, unless they want to make even more of a stink over MixCloud. I have to give it to MixCloud on this one. They finally owned up to it and made the change, which makes the service more legal than SoundCloud, which could not implement this for fear of locking out users from being able to scrub through tracks actually owned by their copyright holders featured on that site. You can’t do this for some tracks and not all. It’s very hard to manage. So we’re finally moving in the right direction, MixCloud. Good stuff and congrats on making these new changes. I think they will go a long way to keeping you guys from getting hit by the labels down the road.
- 22.214.171.124 Bugfix Now Available for Download - August 3, 2020
- 126.96.36.199 Bugfix Now Available for Download - July 24, 2020
- Radio Station 2.3.1 Now Available for Download - May 14, 2020
- New! List Your Broadcast or Online Radio Station in the Netmix Radio Station Directory - May 6, 2020
- Radio Station 2.3.0 Pre-Release Announcement - March 2, 2020
- News about the upcoming release of Radio Station 2.3.0 - January 13, 2020
- Netmix Global House Sessions Podcast Episode 19 - December 22, 2019
- New Show Page Layout & JetPack Compatibility Coming in 2.3.0 - November 7, 2019
- Radio Station 2.2.8 - October 6, 2019
- Radio Station Plugin and Page Builders - September 26, 2019