What would happen if you mixed Usher and Bryan McKnight with Mark Anthony and Luis Miguel? You’d most likley get one heck of a recording artist named Javier. Already one of my all-time favorites, this budding superstar recently announced tour dates with none other than Virgin Records soulstress, Joss Stone.
The former Capitol Records recording artist recently extricated himself from a deal with the label that tried to position him as the next R-Kelly or Ne-Yo, but that’s not Javier’s style. Sophisticated, from the heart, acoustic soul with a tinge of latino flavor that belies his Dominican roots, Javier sings in both English and Spanish with vocal skills that transcend his young age and come from a place of warmth and honesty. His songwriting skills are on par with the best, and many of his songs are culled from his own experiences.
I saw Javier perform and acoustic live set to a packed house at New York’s Cutting Room. The experience was undeniably moving. The audience riveted to every note. It was truly a step above.
Check him out if you can. The show dates are as follows:
- Apr 27 2007 – 7:00P Foxwoods Resort and Casino w/ Joss Stone, Uncasville, Connecticut
- May 09 2007 – 8:00P House of Blues with Joss Stone, Dallas, Texas
- May 12 2007 – 8:00P Concerts in the Park w/ Joss Stone, San Diego, California
- May 15 2007 – 8:00P Warfield with Joss Stone, San Fransisco, Californi
- May 21 2007 – 8:00P Commodore with Joss Stone, Vancouver, British Columbia
- May 24 2007 – 8:00P Paramount with Joss Stone, Seattle, Washington
- May 27 2007 – 8:00P Fillmore with Joss Stone, Denver, Colorado
- May 30 2007 – 8:00P House Of Blues w/ Joss Stone, Chicago, Illinois
- Jun 02 2007 – 8:00P Kool Haus with Joss Stone, Toronto, Ontario
- Jun 05 2007 8:00P Metropolis with Joss Stone, Montreal, Quebec