Sonic Notify is a unique new technology, when applied to music performances, can enhance in-venue fan2band interaction. The company created technology that delivers a high frequency tone inaudible to the human ear (dogs might not be too happy about this). An app installed on a users mobile device interprets the signal and unlocks messaging or content delivered at various points throughout the performance.
According to TechCrunch, which announced Sonic Notify’s recent $4.5M round of VC funding, the signal pushes notifications and multimedia without app actually being launched on the phone. While other companies like Shazam need an app to be launched to identify songs, Sonic Notify works in the background to push notifications to the device.
The company recently forged a partnership with Interscope, a Universal Music Group label, giving artists on that label access to the technology. It has had successful trials at CMJ and in New York City’s Beacon Theater during a performance by Pop boy band, Mindless Behavior.
Here’s how it works:
- Radio Station 2.3.1 Now Available for Download - May 14, 2020
- New! List Your Broadcast or Online Radio Station in the Netmix Radio Station Directory - May 6, 2020
- Radio Station 2.3.0 Pre-Release Announcement - March 2, 2020
- News about the upcoming release of Radio Station 2.3.0 - January 13, 2020
- Netmix Global House Sessions Podcast Episode 19 - December 22, 2019
- New Show Page Layout & JetPack Compatibility Coming in 2.3.0 - November 7, 2019
- Radio Station 2.2.8 - October 6, 2019
- Radio Station Plugin and Page Builders - September 26, 2019
- Netmix Global House Sessions Podcast Episode 18 - September 21, 2019
- Radio Station v. 2.2.7 - August 31, 2019